Welcome to The Shared Learning Trust from our CEO:
The Shared Learning Trust has appointed Cathy Barr as its new Chief Executive Officer. Cathy is already part of the Shared Learning Trust’s family of schools, having been Principal of the Stockwood Park Academy in Luton for the last five years. The Shared Learning Trust is a stand-alone multi academy trust which runs a family of four schools based in Bedfordshire: Stockwood Park Academy, the Chalk Hills Academy, the Linden Academy and the Vale Academy. Cathy grew up locally, in Harpenden, and went to school in St Albans. She has almost 25 years’ teaching experience under her belt, qualifying in 1993 and joining the team at Stockwood Park (then the Barnfield South Academy) in 2009.
Cathy said of her appointment: “I am thrilled to have been appointed CEO of the Shared Learning Trust. I care passionately about the students we teach and will do all I can to ensure each and every child, from the age of two to 18, gets the best possible care and education in our academies.”
Cathy’s interests outside the classroom include martial arts and she has a black belt in Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art. She replaces the outgoing Andrew Cooper, who has returned to his native North West, having taken up the CEO position with a stand-alone Trust in Bolton. Cathy added: “I am looking forward to leading the Trust into a new period of growth and development, working with staff, students and parents to ensure the Trust is the best that it can be. “I’m determined to ensure our academies continue to go from strength to strength through great teaching and the dedication and commitment of staff and students alike.”
- The Shared Learning Trust expects exemplary conduct by every student.
- In return students will be supported, monitored and encouraged to pursue their aspirations. We offer a wide range of enrichment activities and extra curriculum initiatives. The experience will be challenging, rewarding and memorable. Students enjoy their time here and also give back to the wider local community. They are role models and young leaders, who contribute to the collegiate ethos with a mature and dedicated approach to A-Level study.
- Our vision is based around three core principals Strive, Achieve and Believe! This is very much in the heart of everything we do as a result our students are articulate, hard-working and well-rounded individuals who achieve highly and enjoy their educational journey.
- The Shared Learning Trust’s ensures high quality exam results, as well as providing additional opportunities and experiences for students. It will prepare students for the next step, through the excellent teaching and tutoring of our highly qualified and experienced staff.
- Our Trust is vibrant and friendly, supported by 3 state-of-the-art buildings. It is a learning environment where all students have the opportunity to be high achievers, make good friends, contribute to their community and take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- By choosing The Shared Learning Trust you will benefit from the support of extremely committed teachers with professional expertise. We provide the correct balance between pressure and support for each individual, to ensure you leave with qualify cations and experiences that will place you very well for your future career.
- We hold a pivotal position in delivering a world class education for students within our local community.
- Together we are achieving more than we ever thought possible.
- We look forward to welcoming you to The Shared Learning Trust.